10 years of alternative music releases!
Hamster Axis Of The One Click Panther – Mest
Format: Vinyl LP, gatefold sleeve + download code with full album + 8 additional tracks
Tracklist Vinyl album:
- The Back Door – Gregory Frateur
- Love Minus Zero/ No Limit – Roland Van Campenhout
- Black Dog Panting – Johannes Genard
- Fix and Finish – Josse De Pauw
- The Way you Make me Feel – Pascal Deweze
- Robert Anton Wilson – Mauro Pawlowski
- Wedding Dress – Tijs Delbeke
- Empty Bottle – Sjoerd Bruil
- Running up that Hill – Gregory Frateur
- She Belongs to me – Roland Van Campenhout
- If I had a Heart – Johannes Genard
- Youssef – Josse De Pauw
- Words – Pascal Deweze
- Frida Lyngstad (treat you good)- Mauro Pawlowski
- She – Tijs Delbeke
- Thunderstruck – Sjoerd Bruil
Hamster Axis of the One-Click Panther takes its audience on a wild trip through a jungle of jazz. MEST is a resumé of the memorable series of “Small Zoo” concerts the band held the past year in Antwerp. Artists of different disciplines climbed the stage with Hamster Axis for a remake of their own and borrowed songs. Leaving their comfortzone in search for a common ground. Listen on the album how they try to tame the one-Click Panther and how this big zoo creates a new kind of music with primitive roots. MEST is a more or less digested animal product. The soil for new things to grown on.
In 2015 Hamster Axis released on Starman records the critically acclaimed “Play the Peter Houben songbook” , entirely recorded with Mauro Pawlowski on lead vocals. On the new album, MEST, Hamster Axis is joined by leading Belgian musicians such as Gregory Frateur (Dez Mona), Roland Van Campenhout, Johannes Genard (School is Cool), star actor Josse De Pauw, Mauro Pawlowski, Pascal Deweze, Tijs Delbeke (Sir Yes Sir), Sjoerd Bruil (Dez Mona, Gruppo Di Pawlowski, Sukilove, Black Cassette…). Together they recorded in Pascal Deweze’s Studio Jezus surprising new versions of their own songs and covers of a.o. Bob Dylan, Kate Bush, Michael Jackson and Mark Lanegan.
Hamster Axis is: Bram Weijters (piano), Janos Bruneel (contrabass), Lander Van den Noortgate (altsax), Andrew Claes (tenorsax), Frederik Meulyzer (drums).